Pink salt bricks glow above and below white salt in this mixed salt wall.
1. What are the size and specifications for the salt bricks in a salt wall? Our 100 percent pure Himalayan salt bricks are 1 inch thick by 4 inches tall and 8 inches wide (pink or white bricks available). A non-toxic epoxy glue, non-toxic caulk, and acrylic backing are used to create the salt wall. LED lighting completely and seamlessly provides energy efficient backlighting.
2. What are the differences between pink and white salt bricks? From a health standpoint, pink and white both pack 84 naturally occurring minerals, and both are rich in negative ions, which are wonderful for combatting overexposure to positive ions and offer great health benefits such as stress reduction, energy increase and more. Varying levels of minerals in the salt create differences in pattern and color, ranging from pale white, to pink, to orange, to red.
The deepness of the salt’s color largely depends on the amount of iron oxide running through it. White Himalayan salt (at a premium because it is the rarest variety) is the freest from impurities. In comparison, added minerals give pink Himalayan salt its rosy glow.
You may choose from all white, all pink, or a mixed wall of white and pink salt bricks (pictured here).
3. Are the salt walls eco-friendly? Yes. Our eco-friendly Himalayan salt walls, when warmed, emit negative ions to help purify the air and create a calm, relaxing setting, contributing positively to the environment they are placed in. Our Himalayan salt is responsibly sourced from the Himalayan Mountains in Pakistan.
4. How are the salt walls installed? We provide everything you need for easy, on-site installation by your team or contractor of your choosing. Instructions and CAD drawings will provide exact specifications for ease of installation, and a project liaison from Himalayan Source will be available via phone for support.
5. What if I don't know where to start for a salt wall design? Himalayan Source offers complimentary design consultation to get you started. Our goal is the same as yours ... a beautiful finished product.
6. How do you maintain or clean a Himalayan salt wall? Maintaining the salt wall is very simple. As long as it is kept dry, all you need to do is dust it off when it appears dusty. You can do this with a brush, broom or vacuum. The salt is quite hard and will not be harmed when cleaned this way. If you feel the need to sanitize the wall, spray it lightly with sanitizer and wipe dry. Keep in mind, the salt tiles will melt if they are wet. It would take a lot of water to make a noticeable difference, but you should be cautious when wetting the tiles.
If you see salt crystals build up on the salt tiles, this buildup is caused by excess moisture in the room. The humidity should be kept below 60 percent in the area where the salt tiles are located. The crystals can be cleaned from the tiles in the same method mentioned above. Long-term exposure to moisture will cause the tiles to degrade and should be avoided.
Himalayan Source — Transforming spas and wellness centers with Himalayan salt walls and salt products